2 years ago I had this experience together with my dad, it was a stormy day and everything went wrong that day with work. It ended in a long day (20 hours working). We worked hard to keep real human shit out of the street.
13 September 2009 was also a day like that, I am not superstitious but sometimes you can't argument about certain facts. I don't know where the motivation came from to keep on but these things went wrong:
- The session started with an overdownhauled sail, after 45min and being overtaken a few times I fixed this
- In a massive good gust on reasonable flat water I sit down, good acceleration. I actually thought this is going to be 70kmh. But after 2-3 seconds, BANG. Sail was totally wrapped up, oh SHIT my X9 snaplock failed again. Did some runs after that, but my good mood was ruined
- I went to shore to tape my X9 boom, and there I found my GPS (navi GT31) to be crashed. The screen was frozen and this is the 3th time in a row, time to send this one back...
- After 30 min I was lucky because I could use Peter his spare GPS. Unlucky because my session with this gps misses the 63kmh run...
- I changed my falcon 91 for Falcon 79, this was good. However with this windstrenght it was really on the edge falcon 79 + Sonntag Fins SL-S 320. I actually counted 3 seconds airtime in my best run (speed was somewhere between 63-65kmh). But it was simply to much lenght which made it feel scarry, sailed a few times 35kn, but didn't dare to throttle more.
- In the end I was able to do some fast runs, but it was already quite late. And ofcourse the wind started to decrease. Had to stop because otherwise it would end in a swimming session.
- At home my computer couldn't load GPSAR 4.12 anymore. Also the wireless internet didn't work from my computer. Maybe time to do some maintenance
Glad my "murphy's law day" is over for this year at least !!!