- Windstrength 8-25kn (should be comftable floating so at least 90 liters)
- Good for medium waves/ chop and flat water. The board doesn't have to be able to take 2m waves, I don't speedsurf in those conditions. Max waveheight is approx. 0,5-0,6m
- Good for downwind courses from 120-160 degrees downwind.
The candidates for season 2010:
- Fanatic Falcon 91/90/89 (2006-2008), the monoconcave series. Just buy one back, this is a safe bet since I have enough experience with these boards. From what I heard the 90/89 should be better in higher waves/chop
- Angulo Magnum 60 (2009), I tried this board last week. Definitly have to test it on more flat water, felt like a lot of potential.
- Fanatic Falcon 102 (2010), this one is inbetween a power and efficiency design. Biggest advantage, this board hammers thru everything :)
- Tabou Manta 65 (2010), should be fast...