End of May 2010

Tempratures and wind
Finally the tempratures are normal so we can windsurf in the Netherlands. Now we only need some normal wind to attack the Personal Records. We haven't been lucky lately with the wind, I can barely remember what a 30kn gust feels like. But I never did as much distance in May ever (the distance sesion 19 May helped a lot)

Boattrip 2
Yesterday we had the second trip with the boat on the wad (Den Helder - Da Curve), these trips are soo magic. Eventhough the speed was again a bit dissapointing for everyone, the trip is nice!! Like going on holiday for a very short period.

Carbon Art Speed 44
I spend some hours on fixing my Carbon Art Speed 44, this board was stored for 1 year at home. I don't know what happened but there was about 30cm rail broken (filler was broken) making it not sharp anymore. Also some dents etc. I used epoxy and sandpaper, afterwards some paint. I thought it was quite good finished, on the water the CA SP44 was back, I felt it yesterday. With medium-stronger wind it will replace my falcon speed for a while.

O'neill Superfreak Tropical ST Boot
Yesterday I bought these boots (only mine are green), I just would like to share my experience. It is very good grip, even on muddy places, but especially in the footstraps. What a difference compared to my older boots. The split toe, reinforements, little rope and band make it a solid fit around the foot. At Kater they had it in every size 44/45/46 so I could find the best fit. And price was ok for me (25,- euro's). So when you are looking for some protection against sharp objects, check out these boots ;)

Boardrange gap
My boardrange isn't really working anymore, I would like to fix it. But at this moment I negotiate for a total new sponsordeal, if it works out I will sell replace all my boards. When it doesn't work out I have to search for another solution. Selling 3 boards and buying 1 good one back to fill the gap inbetween CA SP44 and Falcon 91.

1th Ultimate Speed Meeting?
Also saw there might be a Ultimate Speed Meeting tommorow, I studied the forecast a bit and it looks like we will have wind in late afternoon-evening. It will be very interesting when the organisation will decide to end the competition. The earlier the less wind we have to deal with. For lowwind I don't have received my 7.0 yet, for medium wind I can't use the falcon 79 (has to be fixed)... Sooo highwind PLEASE, I need some quality time on water.

How to deal with it
Sometimes I am very angry at myself, I spend a lot of time in speedsurfing, but often I just can't get my surfquiver complete, or keep it complete (when some essential parts break down). This results in frustrating sessions for me. This year is again not like I planned. But now I decided to find a solution (looking on long term). The windsurfworld is very small and enemies is the last thing you want. Soo I have to keep it real... There are always periods when it goes well or wrong, just learn from it I guess.

Erik Loots

Erik is windsurfer for 10+ years. In his daily life he is professional in construction dewatering, advisor, troubleshooter. Erik likes adventures, explore and to challenge himself. During his life he is trying to get the best out of it and have respect for the earth, nature and future generations. The modern world is about sharing, in this blog Erik shares his experiences, selfreflection and lessons learned.

1 comment:

  1. Oh we have the USM tomorrow and you havn't received your 7.0, that's bad. I hope it will be enough for your 6.2, I even hope for "highwind", I need enough wind for 6.8 and 74l :)

    See you tomorrow!