Example: When I receive something new, I just have short look (can't throw it blind in my Seat). My mission is to try it ASAP on the water. I need to use it for at least 1 hour on the water in good conditions. After this I start to measure things and see if it matches my thoughts on the water.
Some testing highlights this year:
- Starboard iSonic Speed Special W44, DAMN no matter what I keep seeing high numbers on the GPS
- Sonntag SL-S 30cm + iSonic 86, WTF I just did (42kn) 78km/h on the Amstelmeer
- Severne Reflex 7.0 in 30kn+, wow this sail is easy :), I don't need flat water and 30kn is still controlable. THIS SAIL will be my pick for crossing the IJsselmeer (or anything else to cross)
- Starboard iSonic 111, is there anything this board cannot do?? (speed/slalom/matchracing)
- SL-S 34+ iSonic 86 or SL-S 28+ iSonic W49, I fly out of the water above 33kn boardspeed with a big SL-S.
- SL-P 44cm + iSonic 111+ Severne 7.0, yes the fin also feels too big in the water (upwind is great though). Thanks to the (<15kn) wind I was still competitive.
- Severne Reflex with 4cm negative downhaul, yes now the sail is as heavy as it can get and there is clearly no advantage for me. Better don't go further than -2cm