However I want to be able to help myself out if I can, I don't want to bother someone else because a rope broke. Some parts cannot be taken easy (like a spare mast, boom or board), however a second mastfoot, fin, ropes and more small stuff could be taken therefor I searched for a waterproof and simple bag. I ended up with the Ortlieb X-plorer, I liked the simplicity and it seemed to be well built.
Last session I tried to surf with small stuff in my Ortlieb X-plorer see the picture below.
|Small stuff that was in the backpack (right is the bag)|
- Good quality yet light materials. Everything stayed dry, it works without a zipper, I expect many many more years of use in water;
- Much more room for other stuff (my bag is 35 liter), I would not need any bigger;
- Lighter (feeling?) and more comfy compared to a speedsurfing weightvest with 3kg lead;
- Could work as floating device when you lose your windsurf equipment;
- Contrary to the manual I push as much air out of the bag as possible, this has to do with swimming and floating. If it would be full of air the bag will be difficult to swim with.